Professional management executive with over 10 years experience in building and inspiring teams in the civil engineering, industrial safety, and product fabrication fields. In addition, I have expertise in contract negotiation, federal and state regulatory compliance, insurance and asset management, and risk mitigation.
Developed, coordinated, and administered corporate policies for 3 subsidiaries located in 6 offices in 3 states, with a combined annual revenue of $25M.
Tendered federal, state, municipal and commercial proposals, including required representations and certifications and industry best-practice submittals, for projects ranging from $50K to $2.1M.
Managed activities for over 75 employees, including hiring and firing, payroll and tax preparation, safety and occupational training, and periodic evaluations.
Mid South Prestress LLC September 2014 – Present
Pleasant View TN
• Mid South Prestress LLC September 2014 – Present (1 year 3 months)Pleasant View TNLead the estimating team and oversee the development of an overall cost strategy and execution plan, including contract negotiations, pre-construction conceptual estimates and detailed estimate change orders.
Develop, implement and improve existing processes, procedures and standards for the estimating department.
Scope of responsibility includes tendering bids for specialized precast concrete construction projects at the commercial, municipal, and state level within a 700-mile radius of the Nashville TN metro area.
Summit Contracting LLC June 2013 – May 2014
• Negotiated commercial contracts, established corporate policies and processes, ensured compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies, including oversight of the following:
$10M commercial liability insurance and $8M asset management policies.
4-Party funds controlled bonding agreement for $1.7M project.
Vendor contract and corporate policies for 140-line voice / data communication system.
• Developed and administered corporate safety policy for 125 employees with EHS Manager.
Project Manager / Estimator
• Managed environmental projects and hazardous material emergency response services up to $750K, including health and safety policies and client management.
•Developed budgets, controlled costs, and returned over 30% profit margin.
Team Service USA July 2012 – May 2013
Director of Operations
• Managed operations at 12 sites with a combined annual production revenue of $1.5M.
• Established a leadership structure and teams for 2 major company service lines.
• Increased profit margins by 3% and 5% over previous year.
• Developed comprehensive marketing strategy to increase corporate brand recognition.
Electronics Research Inc October 2004 – June 2012
Product Manager and Marketing – Structural Steel Division
• Developed and tendered an average of over 300 bids and proposals per year for 8 years.
• Coordinated and optimized fabrication and work flow and schedules for 4 product lines, including review of AutoCAD drawings and CNC milling specifications
• Developed and administered corporate protocols and training procedures for communication between Professional Engineers and Sales personnel.
• Implemented production-based and safety-based Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action protocols.
• Developed marketing strategies for over 12 new structural steel products, including patent applications, white papers, and sales training seminars.
beacon group September 2003 – September 2004
• Created marketing presentations for domestic and international clients.
• Coordinated the gathering, management, and delivery of over $50K worth of donated materials and supplies for international distribution.
University of Southern Indiana, Evansville IN
Undergraduate coursework in Civil Engineering and Surveying 2004 through 2006
Ball State University, Muncie IN
Bachelor of Science in History (Summa cum laude GPA 3.992) May 2002
• Departmental Honors in History; Academic Honors in Writing
Bachelor of General Studies (Summa cum laude GPA 3.989) December 1998
• Concentration in Psychology; Concentration in Psychology of Human Development
Indiana University, Bloomington IN
Undergraduate coursework in Organic Chemistry, Molecular Biology, 1987 through 1991
Physics, Calculus, Statistics, and Philosophy
• Attained Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout.
• Over 2500 hours tutoring Adult Basic Education, GED, and college-level courses.
• Volunteer for historic community preservation group.
• Motivational speaker for young adult seminars and groups.
• Strong aptitude and ability to work with people of diverse functional ability.
• Planned and implemented young-adult international mission trips.