I specialize in being a Sales to Engineering Liaison, with over a decade of experience in translating Customer/Sales needs into highly technical Engineering requirements, and then translating the Engineered solution back to the Customer’s vision.
Professional management executive with 14 years of experience in civil utilities and earthwork; steel engineering and fabrication; and precast concrete design, fabrication, and installation.
Experienced in personnel management, contract negotiation, federal and state regulatory compliance, insurance and asset management, health, safety and environmental compliance, and risk mitigation.
Member, American Society of Professional Estimators
In 2015 – 2016, prepared and submitted $156,000,000 in federal, state, municipal and commercial construction proposals, including required representations and certifications and industry best-practice submittals, for projects ranging from up to $3,100,000. Win rate 31%.
Developed, coordinated, and administered corporate policies for 3 subsidiaries located in 6 offices in 3 states, with a combined annual revenue of $25,000,000.
Managed activities for 75 employees, including hiring and firing, payroll and tax preparation, safety and occupational training, and periodic evaluations.
Northeast Precast LLC April 2017 – Present
Senior Estimator and Inside Sales – Commercial Division
• Oversee estimating for all commercial precast products (customers include New Jersey and Pennsylvania Departments of Transportation, county and city government, and major commercial customers).
• Wrote 275 architectural, bridge and structural precast concrete proposals in 6 months.
• Manage inside sales for commercial precast products
Mid South Prestress LLC September 2014 – April 2017
Estimating Manager and Health Safety Environmental Coordinator
• Lead the estimating team and oversee the development of an overall cost strategy and execution plan, including contract negotiations and pre-construction conceptual estimates.
• Responsible for responding to >500 structural precast concrete RFQs per year, including reviewing blueprints, evaluating specifications, writing proposals, coordinating production and installation schedules, following-up with customers, and heading kickoff meetings.
• Health Safety and Environmental implementation and compliance, including: Employee Safety Measures, Federal and State Regulatory Compliance, Evaluations and Audits, Safety Training Programs, and researching and writing GHS-compliant SDS data sheets.
Summit Contracting LLC June 2013 – May 2014
Contract Administrator and Project Manager / Estimator
• Negotiated commercial contracts, established corporate policies and processes, ensured compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies, including oversight of the following:
▪ $10,000,000 commercial liability insurance and $8,000,000 asset management policies.
▪ Vendor contract and corporate policies for 140-line voice / data communication system.
• Developed and administered corporate safety policy for 125 employees with EHS Manager.
• Managed $750,000 environmental and hazardous material emergency response services, including field supervision, health and safety policy enforcement, and client management.
Team Service USA July 2012 – May 2013
Director of Operations
• Managed operations at 12 sites with a combined production revenue of $1,500,000.
• Established a leadership structure and teams for 2 major company service lines.
• Increased profit margins by 3% and 5% over previous year.
Electronics Research Inc October 2004 – June 2012
Product Manager and Marketing – Structural Steel Division
• Developed and tendered an average of over 300 bids and proposals per year for 8 years.
• Coordinated and optimized fabrication and work flow and schedules for 4 product lines, including review of AutoCAD drawings and CNC milling specifications
• Implemented safety-based Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action protocols.
• Developed marketing strategies for 12 new structural steel products, including patent applications, white papers, and sales training seminars.
University of Southern Indiana, Evansville IN
Coursework including Statics, Solid Modeling and 3D Printing, Thermodynamics, and Surveying
Ball State University, Muncie IN
Bachelor of Science in History (Summa cum laude GPA 3.992)
• Departmental Honors in History; Academic Honors in Writing
Bachelor of General Studies (Summa cum laude GPA 3.989)
• Concentration in Psychology; Concentration in Psychology of Human Development
Indiana University, Bloomington IN
Coursework in Organic Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Physics, Calculus, Statistics, and Philosophy
• Attained Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout.
• Over 3000 hours tutoring Adult Basic Education, GED, and college-level courses.
• Volunteer for historic community preservation group.
• Motivational speaker for young adult seminars and groups.
• Strong aptitude and ability to work with people of diverse functional ability.
• Planned and implemented young-adult international mission trips.